Environment & Ethics
My subject matter is the natural world, and our relationship with it; the materials I use are chosen and combined to evoke and explore that relationship. Central to my practice is to work in as an environmentally and ethically responsible way as possible. This is an ongoing process.
Studio practice includes:
- Energy supplier: Octopus, 100% renewable
- Silver: As of 2019 100% recycled
- Gold: Fairtrade
- Gold leaf: Supplied from Gold Leaf Supplies who in turn are supplied by Giusto Manetti who source gold from mines in certified conflict free countries: Supplier’s declaration. I don’t feel that this is sufficient and have asked Manetti’s to source gold from Fairtrade mines, I await news.
- Other metals and materials: Recycled, ‘found’, natural, responsibly sourced
- Chemicals: non-toxic, minimal use, responsible disposal
- Packaging: bio-degradable, recyclable
- Transport: carbon neutral couriers
I am a signatory to the objectives of Culture Declares Emergency